Our supported cycle tours are operating as normal. Let’s get out into the countryside again!
WE REQUIRE ALL TRAVELLERS TO BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID 19.
Booking trips in uncertain times
We understand there is a lot of uncertainty around making plans with the threat of Covid-19 related travel alerts interfering with travel bookings. Our standard Booking Terms & Conditions apply to all bookings. However we have added some special conditions for bookings affected by Covid-19 to help you book in confidence:
For tours departing after May 2022:
The world is now learning to live with the Covid 19 pandemic. It is now possible to take out insurance against Covid 19 travel related medical and cancellation costs with Covermore NZ or Covermore Australia, and other insurance providers. We strongly recommend all our customers take out this insurance.
However current travel insurance policies available DO NOT cover:
- Covid 19 claims relating to government travel bans; “Do not travel” warnings; government directed border closure; or mandatory quarantine or self-isolation requirements related to cross area, border, region or territory travel
In the event a person booked on a PureTrails New Zealand tour departing from May 2022 is prevented from travelling due to: Covid 19 related government travel bans; “Do not travel” warnings; government directed border closure; or mandatory quarantine or self-isolation requirements related to cross area, border, region or territory travel, PureTrails New Zealand will provide a 50% refund of your tour price paid.* Proof of a valid travel insurance policy for each person booked, which includes Covid 19 cover, is required in order to qualify for this 50% refund of your tour price.
* The tour price is defined as the tour fee + single accommodation supplement if applicable + bike hire or ebike hire if applicable + any additional transfers booked on your behalf.
What we are doing to keep you safe
Being out in the fresh air in the sparsely populated South Island countryside cycling certainly encourages social distancing! However we do have to be mindful of ways to minimise health risks while we are in close confines such as travelling to and from the trails in our buses or at meal times.
Here are some of the ways we are minimising health risks:
- WE REQUIRE ALL TRAVELLERS TO BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID 19.
- Our team are all fully vaccinated against Covid 19.
- Full clean/disinfectant of interior and exterior of vehicles/bikes prior to any tours commencing, and between.
- All travellers and guide to use hand sanitizer (provided) every time they enter/exit the vehicle, and before eating, after using bathroom. Any sneezing/coughing must be into the elbow or following good hygienic etiquette.
- While in the vehicle everyone must wear a face mask (bring your own); and space themselves out within the vehicle; and use the same seat for the duration of the tour.
- We recommend our cyclists bring their own helmet if possible.
- We request each tour participant bring their own travel mug for trail-side tea & coffee stops etc, and be responsible for your own mug throughout the trip.
- At trail-side morning tea stops the snack table will be arranged so that all items can be assessed with minimal touching. Guide to wear gloves while handling food packaging. All foods offered to be prepacked (nuts/muesli bars/crackers/cheese/biscuits).
- While biking all customers are encouraged to keep 1 meter distance from other riders within the group, and 2 meters distance from any other people in the vicinity who are not part of the tour group.
- The guide will keep a log of the movements of the group when visiting cafes/restaurants etc so detailed records of specific locations/times can be used as a reference for contact tracing. All customers are encouraged to use the Government Covid-19 Tracer app if possible.
- Where there are obvious signs that a person is not well, they will be immediately isolated from the group and found somewhere to self isolate so they can take advice from the Ministry of Health regarding what actions to take .